Sr. Business Analyst, Big data team
About the job
As a Sr. Business Analyst at Unifiedpost Group your mission consists of co-building our corporate data warehouse on the Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery) and lead the team of business analysts. The Cloud, with emerging technologies like Machine Learning and Big Data, is becoming a must and Unifiedpost has chosen the GCP as our future platform for building out sustainable solutions.
You will be part of a professional and competent team with deep product knowledge and work in close relationship with the Development teams, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Project Managers and Devops IT department to build qualitative data products.
- You build a sustainable relationship with our business community.
- You evaluate the business needs with regard to the corporate data warehouse.
- You support the business in defining their needs for new data products like data marts, reports, data extracts for internal and external use.
- You analyse and compare the business needs against the existing data models and data catalogue.
- You design and document the required changes and test the new data products to make sure they meet the required quality standards.
- You analyse and document, in collaboration with the product owners of the source systems and the development teams, the data models of the operational
- source systems that are used for feeding the data warehouse.
- You have an advisory and guiding role during the development and implementation of the new or enhanced data product.
- You define the modelling layer (LookML) in our ABI tools to enable agile self-service reporting by our end-user.
- You create standard dashboards in Looker that are used on a daily basis by our management team.
- You manage the full (E2E) delivery and support of the assigned data projects.
- As Sr. business analyst you professionalise and structure the operation of the business analysts.
Unifiedpost is a Business-Process-as-a-Service provider (BaaS) and offers a complete technology portfolio for identity management, document management, payments & payment management, app stores with value-added services. We support corporates and B2B communities.
Our solutions range from the mundane, such as e-invoicing, to the clever ‘fintech’, facilitating asset-based lending services and alike. Unlike many point-solution providers, Unifiedpost is the one-stop-shop for streamlining your financial value.
You will become part of our IT department and report directly to the manager of Big Data & AI
We would be happy to see
- Knowledge and experience – You have a bachelor- or master diploma or equal by experience. You have at least 5 years of experience with functional data analysis and data modelling in data warehouse environments
- Knowledge of UML.
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques like RDBMS, normalisation, Kimball or data vault and slowly changing and late arriving dimensions is a must.
- Experience with building dashboards and setting up self-service reporting.
- Knowledge of at least one ‘best in class’ BI tool (Power BI, Looker, Tableau, business objects, SAS, Qlik, Microstrategy,..)
- Critical and analytical skills - You can distinguish details from the essence, so that you immediately recognize the real bottlenecks and opportunities.
- Customer-oriented - In this job you have close contact with your internal partners. Your communication skills are therefore very good. You can deal with all types of personalities, are discreet and respectful, and you build professional relationships smoothly.
- Planning skills - You are strong in planning and organizing and can operate with limited guidance.
- Enthusiasm - You are involved, assertive and convincing: you can manage meetings and work groups, give presentations ... Your way of communicating inspires people.
- Result orientation - Unifiedpost is constantly on the move. You deal well with changing circumstances and find it a challenge to always find the appropriate solution.
- Language skills - You communicate fluently in Dutch and English, so that you can work with all your colleagues.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with google office suite is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Google BigQuery is beneficial.
- Knowledge of AWS (storage and relational databases) if beneficial.
- Knowledge of and experience with data governance practices.
- Knowledge of late arriving dimensions.
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours and home-based working possibilities.
Team: we are very dynamic company with passionate co-workers and a stimulating work environment. You can count on a strong team of technical experts within the organization.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal. We appreciate employees taking initiatives and willing to learn fast.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.