Product Owner – Online and Mobile Payments
About the job
As a Product Owner, your goal is to make sure that the right product is being built, validated and accepted. You are technically skilled to translate product needs into descriptions that are easily understood by multicultural development teams. As you will be part of our Payments product unit, you are an expert in the area of Core Banking and Interbank Payments, which means that you have a first professional experience in this branch of +3 years.
- With the help of the product’s stakeholders, make sure the right product is built
- Translate product needs into descriptions that are easy to understand by the development team
- Formalise requirements into user-stories, acceptance criteria mock-ups & diagrams
- Translate legal, AML, Privacy & Security concerns into product requirements
- Work together with UX team, architects and technical leads
- Validate early prototypes, accept and validate the further product progress and provide feedback where necessary
- Define and document public API’s in collaboration with the development team
- Work together with partners and service providers
- Assure that the handover to the operations team takes place, and is well documented
- Suggest product roadmap features (> 3 months)
- Define priorities and scope. Manage the short term products backlog (< 3 months)
- Work together with the development teams in order to end up with products that are ready to be released in production
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Unifiedpost Payments, part of Unifiedpost Group, is a Payment Institution, licensed by the National Bank of Belgium since 2016. Unifiedpost Payments operates an advanced platform of various payment services: Online Payments, Open Banking, Corporate Payments, IBAN Payment Accounts and Customer Due Diligence. Our platform is built from scratch, and we are improving it every day.
We would be happy to see
- are passionate about the Payments Industry
- have a minimum of 3 years professional experience in the area of Online Payments
- enjoy working together with application development teams
- are good at writing detailed requirements
- know how to describe things in a structured fashion
- are a team player, but you are also able to deliver autonomously with little supervision
- show a hands-on mentality
- take ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- are effective in communication (verbal and written) to both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- have organisational- and presentation skills
- are ready to travel occasionally (this is a must) or willing to travel extensively (that is an asset)
We also expect you to be be familiar with one or more of these domain aspects:
- knowledge of how Card Payment schemes work (Authorisation models, Message flows, Chargeback rules & procedures, Fee structure, Market players, Currency topics,...)
- alternative/local/domestic payment methods (Advantages & Disadvantages, Protocols & How they work, Revenue models,...)
- understanding of different types of Wallets (Technology, Business models, Constraints & opportunities,...)
- AML and Fraud Prevention
- PCI-DSS and Security Frameworks in general
- 3D Secure and SCA in general
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours and home-based working possibilities.
We are a fintech on a mission. Our playing field is unique, geographically diverse and challenging. Things go fast and you will learn new things every day.
Team: we’re a very dynamic company with passionate co-workers and a stimulating work environment. You can count on a strong team of technical experts within the organization.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal. We appreciate employees taking initiatives and willing to learn fast.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.