In close cooperation with the Nomadesk Support and Development team of Unifiedpost Group, the support engineer provides first-line support by means of clear communication on outstanding tickets towards UP customers and Service Desk members and has the ambition to grow towards second line support for Nomadesk customers mainly in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Unifiedpost is a Business-Process-as-a-Service provider (BPaaS) and offers a complete technology portfolio for identity management, document management, payments & payment management, app stores with value-added services. We support corporates and B2B communities.
Our solutions range from the mundane, such as e-invoicing, to the clever ‘fintech’, facilitating asset-based lending services and alike. Unlike many point-solution providers, Unifiedpost is the one-stop-shop for streamlining your financial value chain.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.
About the job
First-line support is your priority. Having the technical capabilities to help with/grow into second line support is a big plus.
- You push customers to work by email, remote sessions and livechat (telephone support is provided, but should be limited where possible. No call-center activities!)
- You handle standard questions such as installation issues, license questions, sync issues and strive to provide workarounds
- You lead customers step by step through their questions and refer to the available manuals, by means of the defined and available workflows
- You will learn our product Nomadesk in-depth by training on the job, testing, research, self-study and with the help of your colleagues
- Have a fast and accurate dispatch of support requests to the corresponding business unit 1st/2nd line support & development, in case no immediate solution/answer is available;
- Provide a solution in case you have the means to do so;
- Ensure all people are answered within the delays as defined in the SLA’s when contacting the Service Desk to report an incident, or to ask for specific information;
- Monitor the available logging information and take the necessary actions based on procedures;
- Detect, register and report production issues
- Follow up on daily production processes by monitoring UP applications;
- Investigate and resolve various production issues that impact our platforms and services;
- Debug and correct customer-specific projects;
- Detect recurring errors, minimize their frequency of occurrence or solve them completely;
- Analyze logging information and pro-actively prevent drops in service quality;
- Help set up automated scripts to replace day to day repetitive manual tasks;
- Create and maintain automated monitoring instruments (scripts, queries);
- Get involved in the development process by bringing forward ideas and suggestions of functionalities that enable quick and easy incident resolution;
- Extend and improve technical documentation.
This is what you win
Responsibility: Making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility and initiative, not just tasks.
Common purpose: You grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
We offer a fulltime job with obvious responsibility in an ambitious company that is experiencing the growth momentum in the fintech branch. You will become part of an enthusiastic team that deals with a constantly changing environment and daily seeks to improve quality.
This comes with an attractive salary package in accordance with background and experience. We are a competent partner in the labor market. An interview is the best opportunity to tell more about our extra-legal holidays, the company car and other extra-legal benefits that we offer.
We would be happy to see
Excellent knowledge of Windows and Mac
Junior to medior profile with strong motivation and service-minded in the first place
A personality that is IT systems-minded, stress-resistant, organised and self-starting
Fluent expression in Dutch, English. Knowledge of French is a big plus.
An excellent team player who also takes ownership, combining sound strategic thinking with a result-driven ‘getting things done’ mentality
Accurate and attentive to details
Able to work in a co-operative, pro-active and flexible way with colleagues at all levels of seniority
Critical thinking - the ability to search, classify, interpret, synthesize information
Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver autonomously the job tasks and responsibilities
Proactive, take ownership, focus on problem-solving Innovation - curious about new technologies and development methods, think about continuous improvement and find new tools and methods for yourself and your colleagues
Previous customer service experience is a plus.
Any of these skills towards future ambitions is a plus:
- Technical competencies
SQL with focus on Postgres dialect;
Technologies like: PHP, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON - should mean something to you;
Linux - basic command line knowledge;
Version Control: Git, SVN, CSV;
Knowledge of Postgres, basic programming & scripting skills (mostly PHP, C# is a plus);