Back End Developer (Timisoara)
About the job
- Maintain, improve, and extend existing software;
- You’ll use your experience to pinpoint bugs, identify risk and come up with potential solutions;
- You participate in pair programming sessions, code reviews;
- Design, code, debug, document, and support computer applications and tools consistent with established specifications and business requirements;
- Write clean, reusable, scalable and secure code for deployment adhering to best practices;
- Develop and ensure compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on design patterns;
- Performing root cause analysis and helping troubleshoot technical issues;
- Be proactive, take ownership, focus on finding solutions for problems rather than finding problems, and think about continuous improvement - always improve your tools and methods for yourself and your colleagues;
- Be an excellent communicator - English is our group’s common language, so excellent spoken and written English is a must;
- Value team effort, be a team player and deliver autonomously with little supervision;
- Always be curious about new technologies and development methods.
Unifiedpost is a Business-Process-as-a-Service provider (BPaaS) and offers a complete technology portfolio for identity management, document management, payments & payment management, app stores with value-added services. We support corporates and B2B communities.
Our solutions range from the mundane, such as e-invoicing, to the clever ‘fintech’, facilitating asset-based lending services and alike. Unlike many point-solution providers, Unifiedpost is the one-stop-shop for streamlining your financial value chain.
We would be happy to see
- A higher education in Computer Science or comparable knowledge through professional experience;
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support;
- Hands on software development experience on multi-tiered systems including - REST Web Services/Swagger/Postman, data exchange (JSON, XML), PHP, Laravel, MySQL;
- Experience working with enterprise development environments and tools including - Git/BitBucket, JIRA/Confluence;
- Knowledge of standard change management tools and processes, code branching/merging/commit strategies, feature branches, and trunk-based development;
- Hands on experience with the following platforms is a nice to have – Docker/Vagrant/Kubernetes;
- Experience writing and reviewing software design specifications in an object-oriented development environment, use of OO design patterns, open source security frameworks & best practices;
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing complex microservices applications;
- Strong hands-on experience writing clean, quality, and testable applications that support rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments;
- Experience working in teams with Agile approaches such as Scrum and Kanban;
- Experience using and coaching team members in the use of Agile development practices such as test-driven development (TDD), paired programming, automated testing, story card grooming, estimating, and tracking goals;
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps best-practices strongly preferred;
- Some experience working in cloud-based environments (AWS, GCP) would be an advantage, same as knowledge about ecommerce platforms.
This is what you win
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.