Business | Financial Controller
About the job
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and flexible Controller. Your focus will be on both Business Controlling for our Business Unit Identity and for Financial Controlling for our legal entities, mainly in The Netherlands. You are hands-on for operational tasks and concerned with compliance, taxes and accountancy tasks.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience would be desirable as well as a good knowledge of the IFRS accounting guidelines.
You will be part of a young and dynamic Investments & Controlling team based in our headquarters in La Hulpe, Belgium and in close contact with our Business Unit Managers, and C-levels.
• You are responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly accounts (P&L, Balance sheet and cash flow statement)
• You prepare and deliver the weekly net debt report and keep a close eye on cash flow development in co-operation with the A/R (credit) manager
• You are responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, for the alienation of the budgets with our ‘5 year business plan’ (strategic plan) and with forecasting
• Your detailed and accurate forecasting on the short and the mid-term will contribute to the company’s success
• You are ensuring that procedures are adhered to and that controls are functioning properly while the company continues growing; you are involved from the start of new projects and help to lay the foundation towards a future-proof controlling environment
• You are the IFRS beacon for the accounting team and provide hands-on feedback on how to deal with more technical journal entries
• You liaise with and assist the Senior Accountants in order to integrate new acquired companies and to consolidate properly with our NetSuite (Oracle) ERP environment
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitalizing their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
In Belgium we are divided over the 3 locations: HQ at La Hulpe near Brussels, and Ghent and Antwerp. You will be based in the Brussels area, although working from all other locations and homeworking are possible. You will also work closely with our colleagues based in The Netherlands : Breda and Lelystad.
We would be happy to see
• Master degree in Economics (Accountancy/Audit)
• 3-5 years proven track record within an Audit environment preferably with a BIG 4 company and with multi-cultural and medium to large company and reporting structures or equivalent relevant experience as a financial controller
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Profound IFRS knowledge
• COSO and or internal control framework experience (3 levels of defense mechanism)
• IT (systems) minded, stress-resistant, organized and self-starter
• Industry knowledge (payments business, documents processing, identity, value-added financial-solutions ...) is an advantage
• Affinity with software, development, licenses and added-value financial solutions is an asset
• Native Dutch | English speaking & writing skills preferably combined with basic expression skills in French.
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours, extra-contractual holiday, and home-based working possibilities.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.