Group Finance Manager
About the job
Collection and consolidation of financial information of the Unifiedpost Group, with an advising role to local accounting departments on the coordination and analysis of data. As a professional manager you have 8+years of experience and good knowledge of the IFRS accounting guidelines. You will be part of a dynamic international-oriented finance team based in our headquarters in La Hulpe, Belgium.
● Oversee the operations of all the accounting departments (country-based, currently +15 European countries to be extended to +24), including the assessment of quality and process efficiencies, as well the continuous implementation of process improvement opportunities
● Supervise the operations of the finance shared services center
● Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems and ensure compliance with the appropriate GAAP standards (IFRS and local) and regulatory requirements
● Manage the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes
● Implement (group) accounting policies and procedures
● Ensure compliance with (group) accounting policies and procedures
● Follow-up on internal and external audit findings
● Ensure compliance of the company with local financial and legal legislation (e.g. corporate governance, sustainability reporting, tax legislation, statutory financial statements etc.)
● Foster a collaborative working relationship between accounting, controlling and consolidation & reporting
● Establish goals and performance metrics for the accounting team members to drive change and continuous improvement
● Review, submit and approve the monthly/quarterly performance reporting of the Local Entity, in line with the Group Reporting Package (as prepared by the Consolidation & Reporting Manager)
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitizing their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
In Belgium we are divided over the 3 locations: HQ at La Hulpe near Brussels, and Ghent and Antwerp. You will be based in the Brussels area.
We would be happy to see
Qualifications● Advanced degree in accounting or finance
● Fully qualified accountant
● Several years of experience in a senior corporate finance management position in an international context (minimum 8+ years)
● Deep knowledge of accounting principles
● Solid understanding of financial controls and procedures
● Experience with merger and acquisitions
● Leadership skills and management experience
● Good IFRS knowledge
Skills● Integrity, honesty and understanding of data privacy standards
● Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
● Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, planning skills, problem-solving mindset, analytical and critical thinking skills, computer and multi-tasking skills
● Positive attitude, ownership, flexible and efficient personality
● Certain level of immunity to stress, independent worker, detail-oriented
● Good team player used to work together with colleagues from different departments and local entities
● Perfect Dutch and English speaking and writing, preferably good understanding of the French language.
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours, extra contractual holiday, and home-based working possibilities.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.