About the job
We are looking for a senior accountant who can strengthen our accounting team in Belgium, being responsible for the daily accounting and monthly + year-end closing of all our Belgian entities of the Unifiedpost Group. You might be in charge of multiple entities and will report to the Accounting Manager, Belgium.
- perform closing accounting tasks and work closely together with our AP/AR accountants
- review of coding (done by our shared service center) on invoices to the right accounts, cost center, product line, VAT codes, …
- prepare VAT, MOSS, … declarations
- collect, analyze and summarize account information
- conduct month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- prepare balance sheet and profit/loss statement
- prepare the annual accounts in Belgium + publication
- prepare all necessary local tax declarations
- audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- you are Netsuite key user
- follow accounting principles and other quality standards
- respect deadlines
- apply work procedures, guidelines and instructions in performing the job responsibilities and tasks
- train, mentor and coach AP accountants to ensure knowledge sharing
- take over colleagues’ tasks and responsibilities during holidays or other leaves
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitalizing their financial value chain: from contract to order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
We have entities in many countries, and have set up, as many as possible, decentralized accounting teams in those countries in order to perform at our best and deliver high-quality figures, with a centralized group finance team on top.
We would be happy to see
- an advanced degree in Accounting
- proven work experience in an accounting firm or other relevant field as accountant for more than 3 years
- very good knowledge of accounting (BEGAAP) and corporate finance principles and procedures
- good knowledge of the local fiscal legislation
- expert in excel
- strict attention to detail and confidentiality
- fluent in Dutch and English, French is an asset
- IFRS knowledge is an asset
and on top of that you ...
- have a passion for accounting and figures
- are good in clear, concise, coherent communication
- are a strong team player, this is a must
- are a critical thinker with the ability to search, classify, interpret, summarize and present information
- can plan, prioritize and deliver autonomously the job tasks
- you are willing to take responsibility for performed work, with little supervision
- are proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and adapt to changing environment and priorities
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours, extra-contractual holiday, and home-based working possibilities.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal. We appreciate employees taking initiatives and willing to learn fast.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.