About the job
We are looking for an Accountant who can strengthen our accounting team, being responsible for the daily accounting and monthly & year-end closing of Unifiedpost Payments. You will report to the Accounting Manager who is located in Belgium.
- perform daily accounting tasks or delegate to junior accountants of the accounting team
- review of coding done on invoices to the right accounts, cost center, product line, VAT codes, …
- prepare and file VAT, MOSS, … declarations
- collect, analyze and summarize account information
- conduct month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Quarterly completion of group reporting packages
- Yearly completion of statutory reporting
- prepare balance sheet and profit/loss statement, as well as the annual accounts in Belgium + publication and all necessary local tax declarations
- audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- you are Netsuite key user
- Coordinate with local accountants of the foreign Unifiedpost Payment branches and ensure local compliance
- follow accounting principles and other quality standards
- respect deadlines
- apply work procedures, guidelines and instructions in performing the job responsibilities and tasks
- train, mentor and coach junior accountants to ensure knowledge sharing
- take over colleagues’ tasks and responsibilities during holidays or other leaves
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitizing their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
We would be happy to see
- an advanced degree in Accounting
- proven work experience in an accounting firm or other relevant field as accountant for more than 3 years
- very good knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- good knowledge of the local fiscal legislation
- expert in Excel
- strict attention to detail and confidentiality
- fluent in English
- FRS knowledge is an asset
and on top of that you ...
- have a passion for accounting and figures
- are good in clear, concise, coherent communication
- are a strong team player
- are proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and adapt to changing environment and priorities
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours and home-based working possibilities.
Team: we are a very dynamic company with passionate co-workers and a stimulating work environment. You can count on a strong team of technical experts within the organization.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.