Luxembourg: mandatory electronic invoicing to public authorities
From 18 May 2022, Luxembourg companies are legally obliged to switch to fully electronic invoicing, and to issue structured invoices (i.e. no PDF), i.e. meeting the standards of the tax authorities. This obligation to send electronic invoices comes into force in three phases, depending on the size of the business.
Dates to remember
Businesses who send invoices to public authorities (municipal and state companies) will soon be obliged to send their invoices electronically. There are three implementation dates, depending on the size of the business. Make a note of the following dates in your agenda.
Obligation to invoice electronically for economic operators :
- large businesses from 18 May 2022;
- medium-sized businesses from 18 October 2022;
- small and newly created businesses from 18 March 2023.
*Source: Chamber of Commerce Luxembourg
Electronic invoicing and its benefits
Discover how electronic invoicing makes the life of both accountants and businesses so much easier.
- Easy: you do not need any prior knowledge or training in order to send electronic invoices, you can start right away!
- Automatic: your invoice’s data is read and processed automatically. No manual actions are needed.
- Fast: sending sales invoices, approving and paying incoming invoices - the automatic flow covers each step of the process much more efficiently. And who doesn't like an invoice paid even faster?
- Reliable: fewer manual actions result in fewer errors (in the account number, communication, etc.). You can be sure that you are using the right data and that your invoice will not get lost along the way. Because a considerable number of e-mails do not reach their recipient.
- Secure: electronic invoices have the same legal value as paper invoices. Plus, exchanging e-invoices is even safer as the files are encrypted and can be read by various accounting systems.
- Cheaper & more sustainable: no paper, no stamps, no physical transport, no extra time or staff to manually type or check information... Electronic invoicing is cheaper and more sustainable.
- Governments across Europe are in the process of making electronic invoicing mandatory - by using Banqup’s electronic invoicing solution, you already comply with these future obligations today.
How our solutions can make a difference
Unifiedpost Group, listed on the stock exchange and European leader in automated document and financial management solutions for large European groups, is committed to putting its 20 years of experience at the service of Luxembourg companies in order to help support them towards digitalising their business.
Unifiedpost Group’s e-invoicing solutions make the process simple, no matter how big or small the business.
Our Collect and Channel solutions are tailored for medium to large businesses that need a quick, automated solution that converts their documents and data into any format. Tax compliant in over 60 countries, our solutions connect to international networks and provide numerous advantages.
For micro-small businesses, Banqup is a quick and simple solution that allows the management of invoices, billing and admin in one place.
Get in touch to find out how we could make a difference to your business.