Infrastructure Engineer Linux
About the job
We are looking for an all-round Linux infrastructure engineer to join our IAAS team. You are responsible for maintaining, optimizing, expanding and monitoring the Unifiedpost full-stack infrastructure in the private datacenter and on different cloud platforms.
This is what we expect of you:
- Installing new physical infrastructure in the private datacenter.
- Deploying new infrastructure and applications with Terraform, Ansible and Puppet.
- Hardening of the full stack (network, OS, …)
- Setup monitoring for different platforms and environments.
- Upgrading infrastructure outside business hours
- On-call rotation for all IAAS related events.
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitizing their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
In Belgium we are divided over the 3 locations: HQ at La Hulpe near Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent. You will be based in the Antwerp or Ghent area, flexibility towards other locations (also in the Netherlands occasionally) is required.
We would be happy to see
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree and a first experience in System Engineering
- You have a very good knowledge of Linux
- You are an excellent communicator – Dutch and English are our internal language, so excellent spoken and written knowledge is a must
- You are proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and think about continuous improvement
- You value team effort, are a team player but can also work independently
- You are always curious about new technologies and development methods
You have knowledge of most of these technologies:
- OS: CentOS / Red Hat
- Configuration management: Ansible / Puppet
- Provisioning: Terraform
- Networking: Switch configuration, Firewall configuration, load balancing, DNS, …
- Virtualization: XEN, KVM, Opennebula, docker, ..
- Middleware: nginx, apache, haproxy, pacemaker, satellite, awx, jenkins, monit, ...
- Monitoring: Prometheus,check_mk, ..
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Storage: LVM, NFS, Ceph
- Identity: IPA, LDAP
- Security: vulnerability scanning, audits, hardening, ...
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours, extra contractual holiday, and home-based working possibilities.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
Unifiedpost Group is offering more and more services that require a great deal of trust from our customers. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.