About the job
We are looking for the Backend Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and testing products and services based on the input from business analysis. You will work in close relationships with Lead Developers, Lead QAs, QAs, Business Analysts, Product Owners, IT department and Support.
- Participate in analysing and estimating new products and projects
- Develop applications based on user stories
- Prepare demo sessions for the stakeholders
- Work closely with QA to build qualitative web applications
- Help in preparing documentation on the software that was developed
- Follow project requirements, quality standards and deadlines as set in the project specifications
- Apply work procedures, guidelines and instructions in performing the job responsibilities and task
- Depending on the level of expertise, take part in the technical evaluation of candidates, trains, mentor and coach newcomers and colleagues to ensure knowledge sharing
- Keep confidentiality of all company information
- Take over colleagues’ tasks and responsibilities during holidays or other leaves
- Follow instructions and guideline when using company equipments (e.g. IT, phone, car) and maintains them in good condition
- Register the time worked in designated tools (e.g. NetSuite, Jira) and book all absences in advances following internal procedures (eg. NetSuite)
- Provide necessary documents & certifications and fill in required documents as per company and/or department rules and regulations (e.g. criminal record, expense report, attendance sheet)
- Follows Collective Labor Agreement, UnifiedPost Internal Regulations and Fire, Work Health & Safety norms and regulations
- Ensure proper usage of software applications installed on UnifiedPost IT equipment by applying existing rules and recommendations against software viruses
- Maintain software configuration and make sure that any new software installed is licensed
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitalizing their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
We would be happy to see
- A higher education in Computer Science or comparable knowledge through professional experience;
- Relevant work experience in software development with an emphasis on browser-based user interfaces;
- Typescript or ES6;
- SASS or SCSS experience;
- Mobile, Responsive Design or UX experience;
- Test frameworks: JUnit, Mockito, AssertJ;
- Cloud: AWS (S3, Elastic Beanstalk, KMS etc.) and GCP
- Web Services: REST, SOAP;
- IDE: IntelliJ, Eclipse etc.;
- Familiar with tools like Jenkins, Maven, Vagrant etc.;
- Databases: SQL, NoSQL;
- Version Control: Git, GitFlow;
- Test driven design, automated testing and continuous integration;
- Fullstack Java technologies: Java frameworks & libraries - Spring/Spring Boot, JavaEE (JBoss/WildFly), Play! Framework, Dropwizard, Liquibase, Quartz.
- Communication - clear, concise, coherent and complete written and verbal communication, both in local language and English;
- Critical thinking - ability to search, classify, interpret, sintetize and present information;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver autonomously the job tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to work with distributed teams, people from different cultures and countries, and constructively deal with differences of opinions and views;
- Proactive, takes ownership, focuses on problem solving more than problem finding and adapts to changing environment and priorities;
- Innovation - curious about new technologies and development methods, thinks about continuous improvement and finds new tools and methods for yourself and your colleagues;
- Availability to travel abroad (no more than 1-2 times per year for about 1 week), if needed.
- Experienced professional, proficient in applying knowledge acquired from several years of experience; works mostly independently or under limited supervision and guidance and may instruct or coach other colleagues;
- Impact and autonomy to perform - accountable for quality and accuracy of own output. Errors may have an impact on the project. Independent and self-directed with ability to perform a variety of moderate to complex tasks within the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge and experience - typically, previous relevant experience of 2 - 5 years. May train, coach and mentor other colleagues - entry & junior profiles and / or new comers in the team (functional training). Intermediate level of technical and behaviour skills.
- Innovation - applies commonly recognised concepts within the field of expertise to deliver a variety of complex tasks. Demonstrates initiative and adaptability to changing business environments, contributes to problem solving and may contribute to process improvements.
- Representation - may take part in recruiting interviews and employer branding events (meet-ups, university events).
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package in line with your experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have plenty of opportunity to develop yourself and learn each day.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal
We are a fintech on a mission. Our playing field is unique, geographically diverse and challenging. Things go fast and you will learn new things every day. Apply now if you want to be part of this journey!
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.