About the job
Design, develop, maintain and test products and services, based on input from business analysis.
- Analyze and estimate the stories for our new products, features and projects;
- Bring suggestions of technical solutions and support them with arguments;
- Create and deliver qualitative applications based on user stories;
- Prepare demo sessions for the stakeholders;
- Help in preparing documentation on the software that was developed.
- You will work in your team in close relationship with QA, Business Analyst, Product Owner, IT department and Support.
Unifiedpost Group is a Business-Process-as-a-Service provider (BPaaS) and offers a complete technology portfolio for identity management, document management, payments & payment management, app stores with value-added services. We support corporates and B2B communities.
Our solutions range from the mundane, such as e-invoicing, to the clever ‘fintech’, facilitating asset-based lending services and alike. Unlike many point-solution providers, Unifiedpost is the one-stop-shop for streamlining your financial value chain.
In Belgium, our HQ is in La Hulpe and next to that location we are also based in Ghent and Antwerp.
We would be happy to see
- Higher education in Computer Science or comparable knowledge through professional experience;
- Relevant work experience in software development with an emphasis on browser-based user interfaces;
- Experience with a framework like React (or AngularJS, Vue or Ember);
- A good notion of web development: HTML5, CSS3, HTTP;
- Web API knowledge: REST, GraphQL;
- Unit testing;
- Version Control: Git;
- Have worked before with XML, JSON, YAML.
Knowledge of any of the following is an asset:
- AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, ALB…) & Terraform : this is a big plus;
- Java and Node.js
- SASS or SCSS experience;
- Test driven design, automated testing and continuous integration;
- Mobile, Responsive Design or UX experience is a plus;
- Familiar with Webpack, Jenkins, Docker, Jira, Agile, Concept of Business Process Workflow.
- Database knowledge: SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (DynamoDB, Cassandra) flavors;
- Communication - clear, concise, coherent and complete written and verbal communication, both in local language and English;
- Critical thinking - ability to search, classify, interpret, synthesize and present information;
- Innovation - Always be curious about new technologies and development methods and think about continuous improvement.
- Be proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding
- Value team effort, be a team player and deliver autonomously with little supervision;
- Ability to work with distributed teams, people from different cultures and countries, and constructively deal with differences of opinions and views;
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours and home-based working possibilities.
Team: we are a very dynamic company with passionate co-workers and a stimulating work environment. You can count on a strong team of technical experts within the organization.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.