Data Engineer, Big data team
About the job
As a Data Engineer at Unifiedpost Group your mission consists of co-building our corporate data warehouse on the Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery). The Cloud, with emerging technologies like Machine Learning and Big Data, is becoming a must and Unifiedpost has chosen the GCP as our future platform for building out sustainable solutions.
You will be part of a professional and competent team with deep product knowledge and work in close relationship with the Development teams, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Project Managers and Devops IT department to build qualitative data products.
- Create, maintain and test optimized data pipelines
- Create, maintain and test optimized ELT/ETL scripts
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Construct BigQuery data stores
- Build data lake, data warehouse and data marts making use of Google BigQuery.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Set-up semantic layers in BI tools & support building standard reports.
- Structure and prepare data for AI and ML models.
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Develop analytics tools
Unifiedpost is a Business-Process-as-a-Service provider (BaaS) and offers a complete technology portfolio for identity management, document management, payments & payment management, app stores with value-added services. We support corporates and B2B communities.
Our solutions range from the mundane, such as e-invoicing, to the clever ‘fintech’, facilitating asset-based lending services and alike. Unlike many point-solution providers, Unifiedpost is the one-stop-shop for streamlining your financial value.
You will become part of our IT department and report directly to the manager of Big Data & AI.
We would be happy to see
- A Bachelor- or Master Degree or equivalent by experience.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in Data Engineering and Data processing and generally 7 years in IT.
- You love building stuff, not because it’s your assignment, but just because you like it
- Pipeline development experience with Python, Golang or Java is required.
- In Depth knowledge of SQL is required. Preferably BigQuery SQL.
- Good knowledge of data modelling like Kimball or Data vault.
- Good knowledge of slowly changing dimensions.
- Good knowledge of late arriving dimensions.
- Experience with data encryption.
- You work well in team as well as independently
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills - with internal and external stakeholders. (Clear, concise, coherent and complete written and verbal communication, both in local language and English)
- You have fast-growth aspirations
- You are proactive in everything you do
- You're able and willing to work on multiple assignments
- You believe that self-development is key to success
- You speak fluent English and Dutch or French
- Analytical and creative mindset.
Ideally, you have:
- You have experience in Google Cloud Platform and other data processing solutions
- Experience with either Apache Beam, Spark, Flink or any other data processing framework
- Experience with tools like Fivetran or Striim.
- Experience with ABI tools like Looker.
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours and home-based working possibilities.
Team: we’re a very dynamic company with passionate co-workers and a stimulating work environment. You can count on a strong team of technical experts within the organization.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal. We appreciate employees taking initiatives and willing to learn fast.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.