About the job
We are looking for a junior accountant who can strengthen our accounting team in Belgium. We will have 26 new entities by September 2021 so we are looking for someone who will offer support for the daily accounting and monthly + year-end closing of all these entities of the Unifiedpost Group. These entities will be rather small but specialized in payments which asks a lot of extra checks compared to other entities.
- Supporting the closings on a weekly and daily basis
- Coding to the right accounts, cost center, product line, VAT codes, etc
- Entering financial transactions into our internal databases
- Prepare bank deposits
- Filing of invoices, bank statements and daily transactions
- Reconciling invoices and identifying discrepancies
- Different administrative tasks and contact with suppliers or other third parties in Dutch, English or French
- Follow accounting principles and other quality standards
- Respect deadlines
- Apply work procedures, guidelines and instructions in performing the job responsibilities and tasks
- Communicate/Set up meetings with business operational team, controlling team and local accounting manager in case of unusual transactions
- Take over colleagues’ tasks and responsibilities during holidays or other leaves
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitizing their financial value chain: from contract to order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
We have entities in many countries, and have set up, as many as possible, decentralized accounting teams in those countries in order to perform at our best and deliver high-quality figures, with a centralized group finance team on top.
We would be happy to see
- a bachelor or master degree in Accounting
- a first experience in a similar position, ideally at a European bank institution
- good knowledge of the local fiscal legislation
- excellent expertise in excel
- strict attention to detail and confidentiality
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is an asset
- IFRS knowledge is an asset
and on top of that you ...
- have a passion for accounting and figures
- are good in clear, concise, coherent communication
- are a strong team player, this is a must
- are a critical thinker with the ability to search, classify, interpret, summarize and present information
- can plan, prioritize and deliver autonomously the job tasks
- you are willing to take responsibility for performed work, with little supervision
- are proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and adapt to changing environment and priorities
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours, extra-contractual holiday, and home-based working possibilities.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.