ANTI-FINANCIAL CRIME OFFICER (AML/CFT)
About the job
We are seeking a AML/CFT professional with proven expertise to support the global Unifiedpost Payments Compliance Program by taking up the role and responsibilities of AMLCO/MLRO of our Lithuanian branch. The focus of this role will encompass the Unifiedpost compliance program in the fields of Anti-Financial Crime, such as AML/CFT, Sanctions, ABC and Fraud.
You will report directly to the Head of Compliance and will work closely with a wide range of teams within our organization, amongst which in particular the management of the Lithuanian Branch. You will perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in applying his/her skills, knowledge and experience in a well-respected company. A hands-on senior profile, with 3-5 years experience in the field of Anti-Financial Crime and holding a master degree or a relevant certificate (e.g. ACAMS, ICA, …) who would like to further grow its experience whilst growing with the company.
This is an expert role that offers the possibility to take ownership, expand and grow and positively influence the company's AFC program.
Proactively identify, assess and review key emerging financial crime risks across the business, based on financial and payments rules and regulations, and track identified issues to resolution;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local rules, regulations, the company’s AFC Program and market practices related to AFC by managing and maintaining relevant policies and procedures;
- Be the primary point of contact towards local Competent Authorities and maintain good relationships with them;
- Ensure appropriate controls are developed and performed to monitor Financial crime business processes through identifying risks and/or gaps, designing and/or maturing controls, engaging effectively with business unit contacts and management and advise them on requirements;
- Define, operate and improve AFC related workflows and processes and increase awareness through staff training ;
- Assist the Head of Compliance in the execution of the Enterprise-wide Risk Assessment and take ownership of the assessment tailored to the Lithuanian market;
- Contribute to the company’s centralized compliance program with a dedicated focus, but not limited to AFC;
- Provide day-to-day support to the business relating to the AFC processes.
At Unifiedpost Group, our mission is to help customers structure complex financial ecosystems by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitizing their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting this diverse ecosystem.
Our secure, cloud-based platform empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
We would be happy to see
- Legal background with a good understanding of financial services;
- Relevant experience in an advisor / monitoring type role (e.g. external audit / internal audit / compliance);
- Working knowledge of EU rules and regulations in relation to financial crime compliance in the Lithuanian financial market, other jurisdictions a plus;
- Knowledge of surveillance and monitoring techniques;
- Relevant Compliance (AFC) or equivalent professional qualification/certification ;
- Fluent (oral and written) in English and Lithuanian, multilingualism is a bonus.
- Honourable attitude with sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills and business judgment;
- Creativity and ability to work under pressure;
- Can work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to assess and analyse information, and factual report writing skills;
- Forensic and data analysis skills, with attention to detail and focus;
- Factual analysis and report writing skills;
- Flexible mindset, with a willingness to travel.
This is what you win
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours and home-based working possibilities.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.