System Engineer (Timisoara)
About the job
- Make sure that the company IT infrastructure works;
- Execute innovation projects;
- Follow up on daily production processes by monitoring systems and applications;
- Do trend analysis based on the available logging information and pro-actively act to prevent service decrease;
- Measure system performance and interpret logging information; suggest how logging, measurement and reporting can be improved;
- Detect, register, solve and report production issues.
Unifiedpost is a Business-Process-as-a-Service provider (BPaaS) and offers a complete technology portfolio for identity management, document management, payments & payment management, app stores with value-added services. We support corporates and B2B communities.
Our solutions range from the mundane, such as e-invoicing, to the clever ‘fintech’, facilitating asset-based lending services and alike. Unlike many point-solution providers, Unifiedpost is the one-stop-shop for streamlining your financial value chain.
We would be happy to see
- Be passionate about system engineering, eager to master Linux administration (CentOS, Redhat);
- Be proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and think about continuous improvement;
- Be an excellent communicator - English is our group’s common language, so excellent spoken and written English is a must;
- Value team effort, be a team player and deliver autonomously with little supervision;
- Always be curious about new technologies and development methods;
- 5+ years of Linux system administration with proven troubleshooting and optimization experience
- It’s great if your Linux skills include: kernel & cryptography knowledge, file systems knowledge, scripting (bash, python, ruby), networking, user space daemons and applications (nfsd, autofs, httpd, sshd, vsftpd, etc), ftp, sftp, ftps, http, https, Soap over HTTP, Rest, WSPF;
- Know version control svn, git and open source virtualization tools like Xen, KVM, VirtualBox;
- Have worked with DB on Linux (MySQL, Postgresql);
- Have worked with middleware products like Tomcat, Jboss, Pacemaker;
- Have good knowledge about software storage systems (glusterfs, CEPH);
- Puppet and/or Ansible experience;
- Experience with AWS;
- Experience with security devices (HSM), and related technologies;
- Terms like CI, CD, Devops and tools like Jenkins, Vagrant etc. are not new to you;
- Experience working with Check_mk, Splunk or other monitoring tools, is optional but is considered a plus.
This is what you win
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goalUnifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.